Yes, you can center self-employment around your family! If you are weary of constant work-family conflict, tired of trying to make a traditional staff job support your family without undermining your family life, and if you are ready for a powerful strategy that builds on your ongoing career accomplishments… you are in the right place.
“Start Family-centered Self-employment” shows you how to apply your career abilities, momentum, network and strengths to shift to self-employment that is designed around your family priorities. This hyper-focused, proven strategy shows you how to convert deep professional proficiencies to immediate self-employment opportunities.
How to figure out what type of work best suits your family’s schedule…how to match what you want to do with what clients need and want ….how to win that first client…how to convert your current or recent employer to a client…how to build work flow around family life…It’s all here.
Traditional wisdom offers you two choices: work on your employer’s terms or quit. But traditional wisdom is wrong. There is a third way: translate your professional abilities and momentum to swiftly and confidently win clients to do work you love while synchronizing smoothly with family life.
Here’s what you’ll get in “Start Family-centered Self-employment:”
- Proven Career Lattice methods of detecting underlying career strengths that set you up for self-employment success
- Interlocking formulas for incisively figuring out the type of self-employment work that best fits your family’s financial and daily life
- Client and time management strategies that reinforce the advantages of self-employment
- Integrated career and financial assessments so you can design self-employment to achieve current and future family goals
- Proven tactics for winning your first clients
- How convert your recent or current employer to become your first – and best- client
Ready to get going? Click here.
It’s not about ‘starting over.’ It’s not about ‘reinvention.’
It is about gaining a better and different return on the career you have been investing in for decades.
How do you turn years of career experience into a thriving self- employment business with minimal financial risk and maximum chance of success, to benefit your family on your terms?
I’ve designed this course to equip you with the insight and action to transition from the staff job you have or recently had into lucrative and satisfying self-employment.
This course is based on over 30 years of research and consulting with companies and individuals and my own personal experience.
I’ve combined the best wisdom from people in a variety of industries who have engineered smooth, low-risk, high-return transitions to self-employment with the smartest advice from career experts. All of this made my book, The Career Lattice (McGraw Professional, 2012), the go-to guide for college and workforce career counselors.
And I’ve lived my own advice, too. I launched my freelance career and my family at the same time. I added babies and clients, growing my professional accomplishments to meet my family’s expanding needs.
Since 1998, I’ve been running major research projects for magazines and associations that analyze the deep drivers of sustained career success. In 2008, when companies were starting to figure out the power of lateral career moves, I was the first independent researcher to drill down to the deep drivers of career lattice success for individuals and for employers. Since then, I’ve been applying what I’ve been learning about career lattices to my own work and my life.
Enough about me. This is about you and your goals. If you’re ready to get going, click here.
What a Longtime Business Startup Coach Says About the Career Lattice Method
When I lived in Chicago, I often presented the core content of “Start Family-centered Self-employment” to aspiring entrepreneurs through the Women’s Business Development Center.
Here’s what the Meg Herman, then the Director of Entrepreneurial Services, has to say about the career strategies in this course:
“Joanne Cleaver is a superb facilitator of learning conversations for people and organizations who are going through professional and organizational change. She has relevant and timely research at the ready to add value to those latticing their way to a new future in their industry/profession. This workshop fills a crucial gap to bridge to success for people considering entrepreneuring in their future.
Here’s exactly how ‘Family-centered Self-employment” equips you to design the self-employment platform that supports the family life you envision:
- Break the ‘chicken and egg’ dilemma that cripples many aspiring self-employed professionals at the starting gate by learning how to gain the perfect first clients that you need to build sustainable income
- Crack the code for converting current and recent employers, colleagues and contacts into clients and referrals
- Detect underestimated, overlooked skills, expertise and experience that indicate your strongest platform for self-employment
- Understand how to remix your career proficiencies and accomplishments to craft a resilient self-employment practice that will weather economic ups and downs
- Gain confidence and ability to weave your personal short and long term financial goals with reliable self-employment income
- Accelerate your transition with proven templates, formulas and pricing tools so you can start out with your ideal clients
- Structure your work load and flow around your family’s priorities
If this gets you to where you want to go, Click here.
If you have more questions, click here to go to our FAQ page.
Enroll now to power your financial and personal freedom. All the details are below. I look forward to meeting you in the ‘Start Family-centered Self-employment” virtual classroom right here at The Career Lattice!
- Forever access to the course, including tools, worksheets, videos, and resources. The course is continually updated with new materials, insights and access to information relevant to sustainable self-employment.
- Career Lattice monthly newsletter
- Membership in private Facebook group for networking